This is such an amazing technique. It looks classy when its up, and show no fear when you let that mane down to reveal beautiful wavy curls! Lets do it!
1. Gently detangle and comb your hair away from your face.
2. Apply a dime-sized amount of moisturizer to the palms of your hands. Rub your hands together and gently distribute the moisturizer throughout your hair. Focus your moisturizing efforts on the ends of your hair. The ends of the hair are the oldest and most prone to damage and breakage.
3. Continue to comb, smooth, and arrange the hair into a ponytail. Ideally, your ponytail holder should be seamless and contain no metal pieces. Your ponytail placement will determine where your bun rests. Sock buns can be worn at any height on the head, and even to one side. Common placement is straight back (in line with the ears) or just above the nape of the neck.
4. Insert your ponytail carefully through the hole in the sock bun. This process is similar to putting on your regular hair band or scrunchie. Make sure that your entire ponytail is coming through the hole.
5. Press the sock bun form firmly down to your head to close any gaps between your head and the bun form. This will also ensure the tightness and neatness of the finished product.
6. Split your ponytail into a top half and bottom half. Lean forward, and fan your hair out evenly around the bun. Leaning forward helps the ponytail fall nicely and stay in place around the form.
7. Carefully smooth and tuck the ends of your hair under the sock bun form. You may secure your hair with hair pins, or leave your hair tucked without them.
Alternatively, you may skip Step 7 and simply place a large scrunchie over and around the bun and hair. Your hair’s ends will be sticking out. Gently smooth the extra hair around the sock bun and tuck underneath the bun and scrunchie to secure.
Enjoy your curls* xo